twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Sunday, November 03, 2013

who we are

It's my birthday post! As always..haha

Dear readers, I'm currently in Lincoln for my 4th attachment - Critical Illness. You know what? I've been blessed with 3 nice consultants for the past 3 attachments. I really hope the 4th one will be nice as well because it is during this attachment where I will have to sit for my resit (see what I did there? Nope? Never mind). I really need as much free time as possible.

Anyway, let's talk about my birthday. It started in the morning with me going to the city at dawn for usrah :D What an awesome way to start the day huh? Then, I met the people I care even though it was for a short while. Later, I stole Ashraf Zakwan and we had awesome time at Caffe Nero and Subway. Most of the time, I kept telling him that I didn't want to go to Lincoln today. Such a baby, haha. 

A birthday pack! Hahaha

Then, I packed my bags anyway cause I didn't have a choice :P The train ride itself was an hour long. Once arrived, I called the numbers for the taxi but none answered. I overheard from a lady who was at the train station saying that they're all busy. And I'm like..really? Busy for what? It's Sunday. There were around 4 people in front of me queueing for a taxi which didn't seem to arrive even after 15 minutes. Then I decided to begin another Amazing Race adventure by walking to the hospital. Hosni did tell me it was about 30 minutes by walking but I was ready to face the challenge. I used my trusty iPhone 5 and followed the directions on Google Maps. After several minutes, I've apparently went the other way, lol! So I had to make a U-Turn and had to walk in front of the people who were still hopefully waiting for a taxi. Sedikit malu di situ tapi kalau dalam Amazing Race, confirm diorang kena eliminate cause they're still there! Haha.

As I was walking, I realised that I'm approaching the bus stop and checked my phone that the next bus was coming in the next 7 minutes or so. My bags were pretty heavy. They consist of kicap, vaio, periuk nasi, ribena drinks, kuali tefal, buku final year, buku resit, my birthday mug, shoes, crocs and so much more. I didn't think it's a good idea for me to walk 30 mins to the hospital with a kicap in my hand. So, I decided to catch the bus. During this time, I kept telling myself that there's no way I'm going to give up and said that I'm going to make it. Kan bagus if I actually have this spirit for my Paeds resit ;P Nonetheless, I managed to hop on the bus and made my way to Lincoln County Hospital.

I know, macam nak pindah terus tapi minah sebelah bilik ni sepuluh kali keluar masuk bilik pon tak habis lagi barang dia ;P

The road to Lincoln County Hospital was hilly and filled with branches. No kidding, I had to kick a branch out of the way cause it was blocking the road as I need to drag my huge brown bag on the pavement. Guess what? I also had to carry my bag up the stairs, yeah!! Hahaha. When I arrived, I felt so happy. I always have a good reaction when I see the accommodation provided for my clinical attachments. It's pretty good and very clean. The only drawback is that my flatmates have the obsessions of playing with their room doors. I'm so going to wake them up for Subuh with my alarm. Dapat berjemaah sekali kan, hehehe. 

Look at the size of the table. I can become a nerd in no time.

Today, as a 24 year old, I'm very thankful that Allah has given me these 2 traits - my sense of humour and my sense of optimism. I'm thankful that I'm able to see the funny side of things; to be able to laugh easily and of course, my optimism which helps me to move forward & be persistent in searching for the silver linings in life. It was an awesome birthday. Allah reminded me of the personality that He has given me whilst I was carrying a kicap in my hand. Couldn't be better ;)

And of course, thank you for the wishes via email, Whatsapp, FB, letters and iMessages from my family members, my bestfriends (thank you for the black pens, I brought it with me to Lincoln), my friends and everyone else! 

Let's make a wish shall we, make a du'a that we will never lose ourselves..that we shall always be true to who we are and be thankful for the personality that Allah has blessed us with. That's all for now, need to get some salmon for tomorrow...

5 reviews:

  1. Selamat hari lahir, semoga sentiasa di dalam rahmat Allah :)
    Kau memang optimistik, can clearly see that from you writings, just one quest, aku sangat kagum sebab kau sangat hardworking, pernah tak sekali-sekala rasa malas/penat belajar? I'm doing one of the health science course juga (not medic), tapi selalu stress sebab too many things to memorize,any tips? Jazakallah khair!
    p/s: kicap story tu kelakar haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Rasa penat belajar? Selalu jugak la. Tapi most of the time x belajar sebab risau. Risau apa? Byk sgt benda, haha. So bila risau tu, memang susah la nak belajar. For now, risau pasal resit november ni

    Jadi, i usually talk to my friends and family. but most of the time, i try to remind myself that i need to talk to Allah. cause for every impediment that we face, Allah can usually help us with it. so lepas solat tu, selalu la mengadu kat Allah cakap macam2. yelah kan, sebab Dia kan sudi mendengar segala keluhan kita. and then, masa nak tdo pon selalu cakap dgn Allah. kadang2 tak boleh tidur, so cakap dengan Allah sampai tertido huhu. byk sgt nikmat yg Allah bg but i'm so flawed :')

    apart from that, try to remind yourself of the highs you've had throughout your course. for me, i enliven the experiences when i got a good mark unexpectedly, able to make my patients smile and feel happy, obtained a first class result for something that i aimed for, the good times when i get to work with nice friendly doctors.. so yeah, try to find those events in your life and remind yourself of why you're doing it. remind yourself of your intentions iA.

    then, if you've had any lows, remember that you've made through it

    wallahualam, sorry jawapan panjang huhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the kicap story too ;) Am sure you'll get through this phase in your life. You seem to be carrying the right attitude already :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owh, and Happy Belated Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete