twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Friday, April 01, 2011

the reason

I have always wanted to write this post...and a tweet a few days ago probably initiated an urge to write this concealed recollection of the days in Jasin.

Mind you, this is a very personal reflection of me. I have been saving this story from being published on this blog for a very long time. 

Well, I'm not gonna tell the full story cause I prefer to keep it recondite. But during the month of May 2005, I was in one of the most significant events of my life. And I had to endure an obstruction whilst the other students of Jasin were undertaking the first semester examination. Yeah, I didn't manage to reach the finish line with the others. I was taken back to Shah Alam with 4 subjects left to be completed - Pendidikan Islam, Chemistry (couldn't remember the other 2). So basically, my CGPA was incomplete. Yet, it was sufficient for me to apply for a post in the BWP (Badan Wakil Pelajar) - the Student Council. 

So I took the form and several processes later, I ended up at the final stage - the campaign, the manifesto, the election.

I reminded myself. I was competing with an unfinished CGPA. And it was during that one morning in the dormitory when I began pondering about my decision as to whether or not I should take the offer given by my parents - They have made it clear that they would be delighted to take me home and it's just me who needed to make the decision to withdraw from MRSM Jasin. As I showered myself with the cold water, I finally came up with a solution. I said to myself, that if I win and become one of the BWP members, I shall stay. Because at that time, I just couldn't seem to find a purpose to continue my studies there. I needed a reason to stay.

(Not in the picture - Abdul Haq. I'd call this an irony, huhu)

Alhamdulillah, I was one of the 14 members of BWP and I was grateful for everything that happened afterwards :)

So, that was it. Thinking back what had happened, it was quite funny on how things turned out to be. Staying in Jasin allowed me to learn more about Islam. Although not to the level that I was presented with at KMB (smile, smile, wink, wink ^^,) ; it was  perhaps the initial step which have made me who I am today. 

But now, I'm aware that there is a bigger responsibility. And I reminded someone a few days ago which in turn, is a reminder for me as well:

"...sbb sgt penting niat kita dlm tiap2 sesuatu. and kalau niat kte betul and ikhlas, insyaAllah kte akan diredhaiNya..."
Sunday, 27th March 2011, 10.10pm

Cause we had the AGM (Annual Grand Meeting) for NMS (Nottingham Malaysian Society) a few days ago. And it did make me recall some things in the past.

And with that adlan wafi, don't forget the reason...

7 reviews:

  1. kenapa nak keluar dari jasin??

    ReplyDelete
  2. sibuk je aloppz ni...huhu...

    sial tny adlan in private...

    ReplyDelete
  3. to aloppz,

    O_o

    to dato' h,

    i think he meant "sila". hihi

    ReplyDelete
  4. "On another bright side, 17th Dec was an incredible day. It began with the sun shining its golden rays into my room and suddenly, snow began to fall on the lonely street in front of my house...and I smiled sooooo bright as I stared through my window :)" (don't let the sun go down on me
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 , Posted by adlan wafi at 12:19 PM )

    tak tahu kenapa tapi quote kat atas tu memang inspirasi lah... ^^

    no wonder every time i feel stressed out, one of the ways that i use to gain back my motivation is by reading your blog... huhu...

    ReplyDelete
  5. huhu...really?

    well, one thing that i said to myself whenever i began writing any posts in my blog is that i hope that it will inspire others. cause i love being inspired and i really like someone else to have the feeling that i'm having.

    so alhamdulillah that u feel inspired by that excerpt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^^ Alhamdulillah

    p/s: december 19-->12/19
    time 12:19

    0_0 baru perasan... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, sometimes...the time was intentional :P

    ReplyDelete