twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Saturday, December 12, 2009

runaway

It just so happens that one of the things that I enjoy doing is running.

Have you ever run so fast or sprinted so hard...that when you stopped, you realized that you have tears in your eyes?

And I'm not talking about dust in my eyes.


On the 6th of December, 5 KMBians set off to Leicester which is the nearest place from Nottingham where we can find other KMBians. It's funny really how we thought of going there. Me, Aida and Arina were in HDT (Human Development and Tissue Differentiation aka Histology) class when suddenly the idea of eating at Nando's popped into our minds. Apparently, the other 3 girls couldn't make it so we went to Leicester anyway :P


At first, I have to say, I just don't know what we'll be doing in Leicester. We only thought about Nando's and Subway. Hahahaha.


 

Right after buying Subway sandwiches, we headed towards Victoria Park. It truly is a nice park and it's windy on that day. Next, we went for a tour around the city.


 

As we were strolling around the city, I suddenly had the impression that Leicester is a bigger city than Nottingham. But I thought "Nahh, it couldn't be" until Iman said the same thing.

with the 5 Leicester girls

We went to Nando's finally! The place that I actually put as one of the criteria for my future university although I eventually found out that there are no halal Nando's in Nottingham O_o

a rush of adrenaline

To end a fantastic day, we went to this giant slide and had a go on it (well, several actually). When I went down the slide, the feeling was so great and it was a blast! Really made my day.

New Walk :)

I present to you, New Walk! It's a great place to jog, run or sprint. Too bad I still couldn't find a place where I can jog in Nottingham. I like New Walk actually - we walked during the day and we ran (most of us didn't run that much :P) at night to catch the train.

All in all, it was another great trip! Thanks to Atiqah, Fasya, Nana (Happy Birthday! since we went there on her birthday), Sarah and Seha for being such great hosts.


So what have I learned today? Well...I have to say that every place has its own uniqueness. Cause whenever I mentioned I'm going to Leicester, people would usually say "Ada apa kat Leicester?". Now, my response would be, "Banyak kottt".

And I would runaway, I would runaway, yeah, yeah

Yeah, if I were in Leicester, at least I know I can always run along New Walk and go to the slide whenever I feel down. About the title of the post? Use your instinct, decipher sendiri. I just love to run...

2 reviews:

  1. adlan,

    in fact there is a place where you can run / jog..

    you can start from the lakeside, and instead of stopping halfway at the bridge why not just go straight ahead and you'll find yourself at broadgate park..

    balik lalu la tepi jalan..takya lalu the same path.. and the most interesting part is if you do it in the dark when its very cold and you're all alone, you can actually get immersed in your own thoughts..

    see adlan, you dont really have to go that far for a good run now and then :)

    and perasan tak adlan, they call their place tu town whereas we call nottingham a city sedangkan their place is larger than ours :P but yeah leicester is sorta cool what with all the halal food and shops.. :)


    and lastly, runaway ni in reference to the corrs kan? i dont think the lyrics matches the one from avril lavigne ;p


    cheerio!

    - iman k.a

    ReplyDelete
  2. jogging malam bahaya ye...do be careful

    and i like the corrs's runaway...;)

    ReplyDelete