Just to be clear, this post is simply for my reading. But I don't mind if you want to read it too. As you probably know, I write on this blog because I want to remember things..it's an alternative to writing them in my journal.
I named it "legacy" because it was one of the names of our university email account which had changed a no of times throughout the 5 years. I like this name the most.
So I learned that we're going to lose access to our university address soon. Thus, I transferred some of the emails which I wanted to keep to my business email address and for some, I put them on my blog so I can look at them whenever I want to :D
Let's go right from the bottom end of my inbox:
1. Random Fling
Gambar hiasan. Source: click me
It's the university's Frisbee team which I joined from the first few years. I saved the files on play tactics to my computer in case I want to use them in the future, hahaha.
2. Medschool began showing their true colours
It was the beginning of the opression onto those who were powerless. No wonder I became so rebellious throughout the 5 years. It began in 1st year! Things kept getting ugly from thereon:
a. Putting registers in lectures
b. Making the Honours criteria more difficult
c. Not considering learning Arabic as a good enough reason to be given permission to stay in Nottingham for 3rd Year
d. Moved the Clinical Skills Centre and made it less convenient!
e. Forced us to use Moodle from NLE (website for lecture slides and stuff)
f. I met my nemesis in 5th Year during my final attachment when he didn't think attending Friday prayer is a good enough excuse to switch groups
g. Renovate everything in our Final Year - the train station, the tram lines, the medschool!! It's just too much for us okay
3. The year that began the format of our Finals exam
4. Becoming a photoshoot model for the University of Nottingham starting in 2nd Year
And from that day onwards, I have appeared in prospectus, websites, emails and flyers. Plus, you get paid for it, haha.
5. I realized how much I love teaching as a Student Associate when I read what I wrote in this email
6. The time when I didn't get Psychiatry for my 3rd Year project and I emailed the coordinator to check if there is a spot
7. The time when I began to stand up for my rights to get feedback
My tutor was the one who encouraged me to get feedback whenever I feel unhappy or feel something's not right with my result. I'm glad to have her as my tutor. And I've been demanding feedback ever since.
8. The time when I get an MRI of my brain. No, seriously
9. The time when the lead singer of Paramore invited me to become a guest blogger on the university's blog
10. And the time when I was actually offered a position as one of the first generation Student Bloggers! And get paid for it, hehe
Featured in - the beautiful occupation
11. The time when my photo first appeared on the student news
12. That I actually read journals to prepare for an exam in 3rd Year. Aku pon tak percaya pasal ni
13. A lovely email from my Immunology hero
14. When I still want to do a Psychiatry project in Clinical Phase
Featured in - ...baby one more time
15. How I almost became a nominee (as always, lol)
About becoming a nominee, featured in - one last time
16. Bila kena sound dengan bos sebab buat blogpost yang ada unsur negatif, heh
17. From 4th Year onwards, I started to request for holiday during Eid Ul-Fitr and made Syakir jealous along the way (Syakir is Nik)
18. When I had this awesome Obs and Gynae consultant who gave me motivational quotes every now and then
One of her best quotes
19. When I became bffs with my landlord, lol
20. And you all know about this email from this lovely Muslim lady who even made a du'a for my #PrayforMay
Featured in - misery business
21. The time after my FINALS Knowledge exams and it was so noisy because we were taking the exams near a construction site and I think I actually helped everyone in the room get extenuating circumstances :O
This guy was so sleepy (because he replied late at night) and called me Maria, lol
22. My VERY long email to the Clinical Coordinator when I was so disappointed with the feedback at King's Mill Hospital after I failed my Finals. It was a very upsetting moment.
23. And of course, I finally showed the medschool that I am a force to be reckoned with iA
Featured in - lightning
Coolness! I actually managed to complete this post in one day, hehe. Now, I want to download the lectures before I lose access to that as well. So many things to be done, so little time but alhamdulillah, happy days are here again...