twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Saturday, March 07, 2009

clocks

CAS - Creativity, Action, Service. When I first heard that I've to get 180 hours during my 2 year period of IB programme, I was definitely appalled by the number. 1 week's not even enough to reach that amount.

"Time is free, but it's priceless
You can't own it, but you can use it
You can't keep it, but you can spend it
Once you've lost it, you can never get it back"
Harvey MacKay

I think Harvey MacKay should add another line, "If you do CAS, you can collect it"...


CAS was simply interesting. Most of the activities that I joined were quite new to me.

Paintball! (We became a group for one time only :P)

Playing paintball in KMB was actually my first and so far, the only time. I guess life was hectic (I actually ditched one paintball tournament so that I could go to Manchester University briefing - now, I believe I made the right choice, hehe). Well, other than paintball, I am an Ultimate Frisbee player (though I don't play it nowadays). It was one of the best sports that I ever played (though I don't have any pictures for it). I really felt like a team player. As I see much better players in the game that I play, that's when I say, ok, let's look for a new one. I can really get intimidated sometimes. Yet, you'd probably be surprised to find out about the games that I used to play for the last 10 years. Let's just say, I change sports frequently.

KMBians at MRSM TGB

What better way to do CAS than to go back to your old school? I I even did CAS twice here - one with TGBians and one with M07J. It was quite invigorating, to reminisce the unforgettable moments when I was a member of the 05/06 batch. Very nostalgic.

Let's go to the Zoo!

Feeding the giant turtle with fries

I had fun and gone here twice too! Painting the rusty bars, cleaning the reptile house and came into close contact with a beautiful snake. Sort of a wild experience.

Permai...

Some structures that we built

The group photo on the final day

Hospital Permai was more of an eye opener for me. It was simply a new experience for me to be around mentally-challenged individuals. I salute the staffs for their best efforts to care for these patients. I'd recommend this CAS trip to anyone who wishes to venture into the medical world.

The kids of Rumah Aman with the KMBians during our trip to Aquaria KLCC

Rumah Aman is full of cute, ecstatic and wonderful kids. What's more is that, Rumah Aman was actually my old kindergaten (previously named as Tadika Kristal).It was the earliest CAS that I participated. Though it's been a long time since I met them, I have to say I can vividly remember their innocent faces.

HTAR

Future doctors, insya-Allah

The finished mural

HTAR. Probably one of the most popular CAS activities, it serves its purpose as an image of my future life. The times that were spent to talk to patients and help the staffs with their workloads had somehow given me an insight of what being a doctor is all about. Nevertheless, I also managed to get to know more about my ex-next door neighbour, M07K.

Looking back at all my CAS reports, I felt grateful to be able to reach the end of my CAS journey. Each of the CAS activities or projects that I joined somehow had made me better. This includes the Sehati Serumpun project in Cambodia. Do read anyway.

Strive always...

Now that my CAS file had been submitted, all I need to do now is to focus on the IB May 09 Exam. Even so, it's not as calm as it seems. It's IB KMB after all, what do you expect? The clock's ticking...

11 reviews:

  1. *sniff*
    please sir, is CAS not open to non-KMB students as well?

    didn't know you went to Tadika Kristal too! I was in Kelas Biru, 1996. :D Teacher Farah, she always wore salwar khameez to class everyday. I remember the playground at the front 'vividly', as you put it. :D all plastic burst of colour.

    seriously.. nak ikut pergi CAS.

    gambatte Bibik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "CAS complete me."

    cewah.=p

    in certain ways, it makes IB a lot more fun than it appears to be. go go CAS!=p

    ReplyDelete
  3. to orangeforchange,

    well, of course u can join cas if u want to, but it's over for us now.

    wow, really? i didn't know that u went there too..huhu...

    cas is so full of fun. can't believe i participated in all those projects ;)

    to zulaikhazainol,

    "CAS complete me." ingat ni jerry maguire ke? yup, i agree with u. otherwise, ib can be a bit dull...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think ibo should ask da students to do da cas reports like dis..

    with pics n all..

    lagi menarik then having to write lots of cas reports which really bored me..

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, that'd b fun n more interesting...

    after all, a picture is worth a thousand words

    ReplyDelete
  6. salam ziarah maya..
    min fadlik can I know KMB stand 4 what?
    to be a doctor?
    bittaufiq wannajah :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wassalam,

    KMB stands for Kolej Mara Banting
    it's the college that i'm currently in

    jazakallah...;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. huii..rajinnye gi wat Cas..hehehehe..neway..mural tu cantik gak eh..=p

    ReplyDelete
  9. mestila rajin. sume bdk kmb rajin buat cas kot...

    cantik? hehe, ade org tolong jgk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS is all about experience
    i never thought of getting plenty hours for what i did

    as long as it gives something, it's really meaningful

    ReplyDelete
  11. undeniably true!

    couldn't have said it better myself...;)

    ReplyDelete