twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Visa Guidelines is back

Alhamdulillah, I got married to a lovely lady by the name of Sarah and we're enjoying our new phase in life since that momentous day.

And yeah, I graduated from the University of Nottingham and thus, escaping from the evil clutches of my medical school. woot2! probably needs a post on this as well but yeah, maybe later.

at the bottom of this blog, there is an article on visa guidelines for medical students graduated from UK medical schools under MARA scholarship who are planning to work as an FY1 doctor in the UK.

After all, it was my visa guidelines which i made 5 years ago that helped me to get to know a lot of people and for some, have now become my close friends. And it helped a lot of other people as well. So I hope that this guideline would ease your efforts a bit. Visa application is always confusing.

Scroll down to the bottom for the guideline

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

begin the begin

I am an FY1 (Foundation Year 1) doctor. There are 2 Foundation Years in total and we go through 6 rotations of 4 months each. I was in ENT (ear, nose and throat) and I quite enjoyed it because there was good senior support and I know I won't mess things up because they are around to help me. 

On the 3rd of December earlier this month, I moved to my 2nd rotation, Urology (kidneys, bladder, urinary problems, prostate). Initially, I thought it would be a crazy rotation but now that it's 4 weeks into the rotation, it's not too bad tbh. 

Last week on Tue, I went to see my Educational Supervisor who was also the ENT consultant for our meeting. He said to me, "You'll be surprised to hear what people say about you when you left". And I thought to myself, "I hope they said good things". Lol. He didn't say what those things were but I have a feeling that they are all positive things. I went to my old ward (which was the ENT ward) because we have a Urology patient there and met with some of the doctors that I worked with before. He said to me, "Things are much more quiet now that you left Wafi". I can tell that he misses me, haha. And my SHO (senior house officer) said to me that he no longer eats in the ward after I left because he would usually have his lunch in the doctor's room and chat with me. I didn't know that I have that much impact on the ward :P

Now, I am in a new rotation and I quite like the fact that there are now 3 other FY1s around. We can ask for help from each other and share the burden (lol!) when it gets too excessive. Unlike ENT, there won't always be a senior around but you can always call them on the phone so it's not too bad. 

The things that I'm worried about include:
i. Audit. I haven't done one proper audit yet as an FY1. Need to get this done soon.
ii. The 16 Core Procedures. I've only done 4, huhu.
iii. I haven't done any teaching sessions yet! Need to do at least one per year.

Apart from that, things are looking quite okay. Still feeling quite sleepy every now & then but I think that's just me, heh. On another note, let's pray for those who are affected by QZ8501 and the flood in Malaysia. May Allah ease our efforts iA...

0 reviews:

Post a Comment